Saturday, May 6, 2023

Mail Art for Week Ending May 6, 2023

 Incoming

Fast Eyes - This gave me a chuckle.  Haven't we all!


Richard Baudet - If you look at the bottom left you can see an example of his lovely calligraphy.


Joel Cohen (The Sticker Dude) - He included this wonderful letter to all mail artists.  I'll put an extra large picture here.  Hopefully you can see it well enough to read.


Maree McHugh sent this add & pass.  This is a fun one!  It folds like an accordion.  It arrived in this.


This is the other side of the post office envelope.


I don't know why the post office put it in this envelope.  As you can see by these pictures, there was no damage done to it.


I thought that was peculiar, but I'm happy it arrived safely.  Here are the sections that have been completed.






Outgoing

Playing around with some ink and blending brushes.

I made some artist trading cards with my new butterfly stamps.  I put these under Outgoing because even though they don't have an assignment yet, they will be included with various outgoing pieces.


Trying out watercolor pencils.  I like the control.  I think I'll be using these more often.


Other Stuff

While cleaning out a closet, getting ready to move (I'm relocating to a larger apartment), I found some old watercolor pencils I forgot I had.  I don't remember doing much with them and there are only a few.  Now that I'm back doing mail art, I think these may be useful.  I bought a new set for a larger variety of shades.  I'm going to play with them over the course of this week.  If I actually have time (I'm always over estimating the amount of art time life allocates for me), you will have just seen the results in the Outgoing section of this post. 

I bought a set of 12 Winsor & Newton.  They came like this.



But they live in a jar.  They look so nice when you first get them, nestled all in a row in their tin.  But once I start using them I find it a hassle to deal with the tin; I'm exaggerating a little.  But it does take up room on my desk and I do prefer to have my pencils, pens, and brushes standing in jars (or cups), in view, and ready for use.  I will admit, even though I prefer my pencils standing in a jar, I was happy that they came in a tin.  I love tins and I love keeping stuff in them, so even though I'm not using the tin as it was intended, I'm still happy to have it.



Stay groovy,
Pam

2 comments:

Monster A Go-Go said...

Hmm. I almost missed this post. I was scrolliung through IUOMA (I haven't had a lot of time to be on lately.) and saw your mention of a new blog post. Lucky me. Aren't I subscribed? Or is there a way to subscribe on Blogger? I'll have to look... CHEERS!

Pam said...

Hey Monster, I'm glad you found this post. Yes, I think the subscription thing on the top right is being subscribed to Blogger, and you are there. I noticed I don't get notified when someone I'm subscribed to posts either. I'll have to take a look around and see if it's someone in the settings.