Saturday, June 17, 2023

Incoming Mailart and Rubber Stamps

 Incoming

These all came in last week while I was moving.

Reisegern - 

Sarah Roe - 

Carien van Hest - 

Dr. Zack - 

Susan Gnaedinger - 

Fast Eyes - 

Thomas Brown (Mail Art News)

The Rubber Post Card #28 (William Mellott) - 


No outgoing for this post.  I was moving into a new apartment last week so I wasn't able to make any mailart.


Other Stuff

Mail Art News did an article on rubber stamps (I was included in the article).  In the article Maxima Strange mentioned The Rubber Stamp Album, by Joni K. Miller and Lowry Thompson.  This book was also included in a photo by Mim in the same article.  I Googled it to find it's out of print, but I was able to find a copy reasonably priced on Thrift Books.  I've already started reading it and so far I think this is a wonderful book.  I didn't realize there were people into rubber stamps in the 70's.  That's when I discovered them, so I assumed there were other people, but I figured we were few and far between.  This book makes me happy!

I told you I will show you my new art room once I get settled.  Here it is.  I love having a separate room for my work and art.




4 comments:

BomTrown said...

congratulations on your move.
thanks for linking to mail art news and documenting what I sent.
i saw a perforator on ebay one time, an old timey one, but i don't know where people are getting them.
no, i'm not getting caught up on my outgoing mail. haha. thanks for the encouragement though.

Pam said...

Thanks Tom! Yeah, I every once in a while I see an old timey perforator, usually ebay, and I wonder the same thing. Where are these people finding them? I'm guessing the basement or attic of an old relative who passed away, or a yard sale where the person selling it doesn't even know what it is. I love yard sales, but I've never found a treasure like that. I'm still hopeful though. lol
Outgoing mail ... well... I was going to have a bunch done this weekend... but... well...

Monster A Go-Go said...

Hi there. Another "missed" blog---but again I believe i saw the "vlog" version on YouTube instead. Congratulations again on the new art room. By now you've gotten it "broken in" and are comfortable with it. Happy creaying. CHEERS!

Pam said...

Oh yes, broken in and already getting messy. lol