I'm working on a collaboration with
Maxima Strange. It's a zine based on the song
Song to the Siren, by Tim Buckley. This is a hauntingly beautiful song. Click on the link and give it a listen. If you've heard it sung by a different artist, not saying it isn't good, but you need to hear it from the lips of Tim Buckley. Just my humble opinion.
Maxima created a blog for this project. I have it in my blog list here on this site, or you can click
here. We're each creating four pieces of art based on lines from the song. This is my first piece. I call it Did I Dream you Dreamed of Me.
4 comments:
So THAT'S how your collaboration works. You do some things and Maxima does the others. I'm looking forward to the finished piece. Very nicely done, by the way.
That was a fab song, too. That clip was taken from an episode of THE MONKEES, I am fairly certain. I haven't heard it in years, and certainly not with grown-up ears. Lived it. Thank you for posting.
I haven't listened to Tim Buckley in so long. Thank you Pam.
Me either. Maxima Strange reminded me of him when she approached me about this project. The man knows how to touch your soul.
I believe you're right, that was from the Monkees. It's interesting how things sound different to grown-up ears.
Post a Comment