Monday, February 17, 2025

Week Ending February 15, 2025


I've started playing with my new Cotman watercolor field pocket set.  I love it!  I was enjoying a cup of tea in my local coffee tea shop (Dunkin' Donuts) and decided to paint my (travel) cup of tea.



For my (what I call) urban doodling postcards I'm not allowing myself to pencil in the drawing first, which also means no erasing.  I sketch the drawing in pen & ink then add color with my watercolors.  I have to work with whatever I get, hence the wonky lid.  It's a fun exercise and, in a strange way, it's liberating.  It captures a small moment of time in my life.  I enjoyed it and I'm going to do more.

Postcrossing

I joined Postcrossing.  I know, I'm usually late to the party.  My first postcard is going to Washington State.  It's watercolor with pen & ink of the Merrimack River.  I go here after work to relax sometimes.  The river is frozen, but I used some artistic license because I wanted to have frozen chunks rather than a sheet of white.  I also changed the pigeons and seagulls into more colorful whimsical birds.


No comments: