Saturday, February 10, 2024

Week Ending February 10, 2024

Incoming

Mim sent this book about the history of the American Postal Service.  The photography is gorgeous!  It's going to live on my tea table.


Outgoing

I found a group on IUOMA called Minimal Mail Art.  After looking through some of the pieces, much to my surprise, it had my attention.  My work is usually pretty busy, and I felt as if this Minimal Mail Art was challenging me.  Challenge accepted! 
It was more difficult than I expected.  Not because these are difficult to create, but because they test your ability to stop.  I'm sure everyone's experience is different, but for myself, I had a hard time stopping.  It was like taking a small bite of Ben & Jerry's Tonight Dough, putting the rest back in the freezer, and walking away ... painful!  (Now look at what I've done!  This weekend I need to get some Tonight Dough ice cream, and I won't be putting it back in the freezer.)  
These were fun.  I plan on doing more, but of course I will be sure not to send them to people who send me more involved pieces.  I'm being careful here because I know this can be a controversial subject.  Everyone needs to handle their mailart their way.  For myself, I just wouldn't feel comfortable sending one of these to someone who just sent me a more involved piece of mailart.  It's only right that I reciprocate.



These next two pieces are pretty much the same.  I worked on them together on the same watercolor block.  One is going to BonnieDiva for her ABC book; I was assigned the letter T, and the other to Paulo Alexandre Rocha for his Book of the Dead.

2 comments:

Monster A Go-Go said...

Zowie! How kinf of Mim to send that your way. Looks fab! I dig the buried alive cards, too! CHEERS!

Pam said...

Indeed! Very generous of her. I sent her a special piece of mailart as a thank you.