Good afternoon (or whenever it is when you read this),
I hope you had a great week. Myself, I had a good week. I've been looking for a new apartment, and I found one. My apartment is too small and I've been making do for a long time. This year I decided it's time to move. My new digs will have an art studio. I'm thrilled! I move in two months; that gives me plenty of time to go through all my crap stuff. Once I'm settled I'll give you a tour of my new studio (home office/art room).
I wanted to have my current project complete today so I could show it to you, but I'm still working on it. I'll show you what I have so far, and then I can show you the finished version in my next post.
I'm trying out some new supplies with this project. Blick watercolor block (hot press), a set of Schmincke watercolors, and a Pilot fountain pen.
Next the colors need to be swatched so I know what they really look like when applied to the watercolor paper. As you can see there are some empty spaces where I can add more colors later.
Last step before starting the art was to fill the fountain pen with ink. It came with a converter, and I bought a bottle of carbon ink.
Ready to start! I usually draw my picture lightly with pencil, then go over it with ink, but this time I wanted to see how well I would do just diving in with the ink. Not too bad, not great, but not bad. I'll keep going with it. This is what I have so far. I sectioned it into four 4x10 inch parts. When it's done I'll separate them and send to four different mail artists. I'll show you when it's done.
Next the colors need to be swatched so I know what they really look like when applied to the watercolor paper. As you can see there are some empty spaces where I can add more colors later.
Last step before starting the art was to fill the fountain pen with ink. It came with a converter, and I bought a bottle of carbon ink.
Here's what I sent out this week:
Coco Muchmore needs some mail art for a class she's teaching, so I sent her these two pieces of mail art. I also included a couple of ATC's, but I forgot to take a photo of them for this post. Here are the two pieces of mail art I sent.
I sent 13 of these to Miss Maxima's Goth Emporium for her zine, issue 6 Tribute II. As I'm sure you already guessed, my project is a tribute to Poe. The rubber stamp of Poe is hand carved from an eraser. I found it in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery (in Concord Massachusetts) as part of a geocache. This photo came out a little light, but you get the idea.
Here's what I received this week:
From, the master of horror envelopes, Monster A GoGo.











5 comments:
Golly, Pam! Congratulations on the new pad (with artist studio??? WHAT!!?? FAB-O!). And thank you for including my silly envelope on your page. I look forward to seeing your finished paintings. The ones you sent to Coco are so whimsical! CHEERS!
Thanks Monster, I so enjoy your envelopes!
Thanks for documenting.
You are very welcome! Thanks for the mail art, and for commenting and following my blog. You are on my list for my next batch of mailings.
I've added your blog to my blog Mail Art News, which you can find from my blogger profile. Once I get it developed more, I can interview you.
Post a Comment